Understanding the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Award
This course is suitable for individuals who are responsible for paying employees under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Award. The course covers the different components of the modern award which will impact on an employees' pay.
Delivered in a virtual environment, this course allows for interaction with our experienced trainers, and contains practice activities and example situations.
At the end of this course, learners will:
- Have knowledge of the industrial relations framework in Australia
- Understand how to determine the coverage of the SCHADS award
- Understand the various award clauses which determine an employee's pay including ordinary hours, overtime, penalty rates and allowances
- Understand SCHADS award specific obligations in regards to sleepovers, excursions, remote work and broken shifts
- Be able to determine if they have additional superannuation obligations beyond the SG legislation
- Understand what can and can't be included in an IFA
- Know how to determine when an award has been varied and how to find a past variation
- Know how to use the Fair Work Ombudsman tools
Please see our terms and conditions here before booking.