Understanding the Hospitality Industry Award
On completion of this course, the learner will have a comprehensive understanding of the Hospitality Industry Award and will be able to interpret the Hospitality Industry Award.
Delivered in a virtual environment, this course allows for interaction with our experienced trainers, and contains practice activities and example situations.
At the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand how to determine the coverage of the Hospitality Industry (General) Award
- Understand the various award clauses which determine an employee's pay including ordinary hours, overtime, penalty rates and allowances
- Understand annualised salaries, salary absorption and loaded rates as they pertain to the Hospitality Industry (General) Award
- Understand the differences in payment requirements for full time, part time and casual employees
- Be able to determine if they have additional superannuation obligations beyond the SG legislation
- Understand what can and can't be included in an IFA
- Know how to determine when an award has been varied and how to find a past variation
- Know how to use the Fair Work Ombudsman tools