On completion of this course, the learner will have a comprehensive understanding of Modern Awards and will be able to interpret Modern Awards.
This course is suitable for individuals who are responsible for interpreting the terms and conditions in modern awards from a payroll perspective. The course covers the different components of a modern award which will impact on an employees' pay.
Delivered in a virtual environment, this course allows for interaction with our experienced trainers, and contains numerous practice activities, example situations and interactive whiteboard demonstrations.
At the end of this course, learners will:
- Have knowledge of the industrial relations framework in Australia
- Understand how to determine which modern award/s will apply to their workplace and their employees
- Understand what can and can't be included in an IFA
- Understand the various award clauses which determine an employee's pay including ordinary hours, overtime, penalty rates and allowances
- Be able to determine if they have additional superannuation obligations beyond the SG legislation
- Know how to determine when an award has been varied and how to find a past variation
- Know how to use the Fair Work Ombudsman tools
Please see our terms and conditions here before booking.