On completion of this course, the learner will have a comprehensive knowledge of terminations and will assist payroll professionals in identifying compliance issues.
This course is suitable for payroll professionals who want to learn or update their knowledge about all rules and legislation relating to all types of termination payments. Students will be sent accompanying handbook and practice activities.
At the end of this course, learners will have an understanding of:
- Types of terminations
- Termination categories
- Leave entitlements on termination, and how to tax and report these
- Marginal tax rate calculations
- Notice Periods
- Redundancy pay
- Classification of Employment Termination Payments (ETPs)
- Tax and reporting requirements of ETPs
- ETPs paid due to invalidity, approved early retirement scheme and with pre1/7/83 service
- How an employees age affects their termination payments
- What to do on the death of an employee
Please see our terms and conditions here before booking.