On completion of this course, the learner will have a comprehensive knowledge of superannuation and will assist payroll professionals in identifying compliance issues.
The ATO’s superannuation guarantee amnesty period is soon coming to an end. To ensure that your superannuation is up to date and to take advantage of the amnesty (and potentially reduced penalties) it is vital that businesses are aware of their obligations and checking that their superannuation is compliant.
The knowledge obtained in this course will assist payroll professionals in identifying compliance issues with superannuation and is suitable for individuals who have had several years of experience in the payroll profession.
Delivered in a virtual environment, this course allows for interaction with our experienced trainers, and contains practice activities, example situations and interactive whiteboard demonstrations.
At the end of this course, learners will have an understanding of:
- Minimum superannuation guarantee obligations
- Choice of super fund legislation
- The meaning of Ordinary Time Earnings
- Applying the Maximum Superannuation Contribution Base
- Salary Sacrifice contributions and what it means to be an 'effective' salary sacrifice arrangement
- Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions (RESC)
- Superannuation Guarantee Charge Statement
- Record-keeping obligations
Please see our terms and conditions here before booking.