On completion of this course, the learner will have an introductory knowledge of the payroll function.
All delegates will receive a course manual and workbook on the day. This course is suitable for individuals new to the payroll profession or for those who want to sharpen their skills. The course works through all the areas of payroll and will bring you up to date with the latest state and federal legislation.
Delivered in a virtual environment, this course allows for interaction with our experienced trainers, and contains numerous practice activities, example situations and interactive whiteboard demonstrations.
At the end of this course, learners will:
- Have an understanding of the National Employment Standards, conditions of employment and modern awards
- Distinguish between employment categories and employees vs contractors
- Have an understanding of the payroll process and payroll components including allowances, deductions and penalty rates and loadings
- Know the legal requirements of payslips and record keeping obligations
- Know how to accrue all types of leave in all states and territories
- Have a complete understanding of the government funded paid parental scheme and employer obligations
- Have introductory knowledge of superannuation
- Understand basic terminations
The training includes morning and afternoon tea as well as lunch. Please advise any dietary requirements. Members discounts apply.
Please see our terms and conditions here before booking.