The Fair Work Ombudsman is an independent statutory office. Our jurisdiction is set out in the Fair Work Act 2009 and our services are free to all workers and employers in Australia.
Our main role is to:
- promote harmonious, productive and cooperative workplace relations
- ensure compliance with Australian workplace laws
- monitor certain 457 and 482 subclass visa arrangements.
Our free services include:
- a single point of contact for reliable and timely information about Australia's workplace relations system
- educating people working in Australia about fair work practices, rights and obligations
- assessing complaints or suspected breaches of workplace laws, awards and registered agreements and some Fair Work Commission orders
- litigating in some circumstances to enforce workplace laws and deter people from doing wrong in the community
- building strong and effective relationships with industry, unions and other stakeholders.
Current payroll vacancies at Fair Work Ombudsman
No job listings found.