AUSTRALIAN PAYROLL ASSOCIATION’S END OF YEAR SEMINAR WILL COVER EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR 2020/21.
New for 2020, End of Year Seminars are coming to you, wherever you are, in the form of a Virtual Classroom! Keeping up to date with payroll legislation is as important now as it always has been.
The Virtual End of Year Seminar will cover all the usual End of Year content, plus new legislation updates and changes which have come about in the wake of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
New topics covered include;
- Payroll Tax updates due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- ATO On-boarding Developments
- Superannuation changes effective 1 January 2020
- Changes to Modern Awards
The Virtual End of Year Seminars will use case studies, worked examples and checklists in addition to legislative reasoning to provide a comprehensive understanding of the payroll year-end process. It will also address new legislation and proposed upcoming legislation that will affect payroll.
Seminar content includes;
- Annual wage review including minimum wage increase
- Overview of 2019/20 Fair Work legislative changes - including, but not limited to, sick leave accruals and changes to Modern Awards and annualised salaries
- Overview of 2019/20 ATO legislative changes - including, but not limited to, superannuation salary sacrifice changes, SG Amnesty, and redundancy age-based limit changes
- Completing the Payment Summary/STP
- The reconciliation process
- STP finalisation and the PAYG annual return
- Year-End Checklist
- STP and payment summary amendments
- Key rates and thresholds 2020/2021 – ETP
- Key rates and thresholds 2020/2021 – Superannuation
- Key rates and thresholds 2020/2021 – Superannuation Contribution Caps
- Key rates and thresholds 2020/2021 – Payroll Tax
Earlybird Discount ends 30th April 2020.
The Virtual Classroom starts at 10:00 am AEST and will conclude at 4:30 pm AEST with scheduled breaks & Q&A.