ON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE, THE LEARNER WILL HAVE COMPREHENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF COMPLEX PAYROLL LEGISLATION AND CALCULATIONS
All delegates will receive a course manual and workbook on the day. This course is suitable for individuals who have had several years experience in the payroll profession and want to ensure their knowledge of complex payroll legislation and calculations is up to date.
At the end of this course, learners will:
- Have up to date knowledge of long service leave rules for all states and territories (including Federal LSL Act)
- Understand the entitlement to long service leave in each jurisdiction and how it is paid
- Be able to determine the rate of payment for employees taking long service leave and pro rata long service leave
- Be able to apply the correct tax treatment for LSL on termination
- Understand the interaction between LSL and Public Holidays and Workers Compensation Leave
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of superannuation including SGC, superannuation splitting, salary sacrifice, choice and fund, RESC and maximum contribution base (including defined benefits schemes)
- Understand Employer Obligations under the Superannuation Guarantee Administration Act and the penalties for non-compliance
- Understand the impact of salary sacrifice arrangements and Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Know how to calculate payroll tax in all states and territories , when it is payable and the definition of wages
- Know each of the elements which make up a termination pay
- Understand how to tax redundancies and what to put in payment summary boxes A, B and D
- Know what an ETP is and how to determine its elements
- Understand how to treat the final payment for the death of an employee
- Know the different types of payment summaries and how to fill them in
- Reportable fringe benefits
The training includes morning and afternoon tea as well as lunch. Please advise any dietary requirements. Member discounts apply.
Please see our terms and conditions here before booking.