The Fair Work Commission has extended Schedule I in the Clerks Award again.
Schedule I provides award flexibility to help workplaces manage the impact of coronavirus and now applies until 29 March 2021.
What is Schedule I?
Schedule I is a temporary schedule in the Clerks Award that provides extra award flexibility during the impact of coronavirus. It provides flexibility for:
- full-time and part-time employees’ hours of work
- annual leave.
The Schedule was added to the award on 28 March 2020 and was initially due to stop operating on 30 June 2020. It now applies until 29 March 2021 and includes:
- conditions around giving employees directions under Schedule I
- span of hours changes while working at home
- change to hours of work for full-time and part-time employees
- extra safeguards around requests to take annual leave.