This course is suitable for individuals responsible for the payment of Payroll Tax within their organisations. The course works through all the areas of Payroll Tax and will bring you up to date with the latest state and territory legislation.
Delivered in a virtual environment, this course allows for interaction with our experienced trainers, and contains numerous practice activities, example situations and interactive whiteboard demonstrations.
At the end of this course, learners will:
- Have an understanding of what Payroll Tax is, including where and when it is payable
- Understand the registration and lodgement processes
- Know how employers may be grouped for Payroll Tax purposes
- Know how to determine which pay elements are considered taxable wages for Payroll Tax purposes and what exemptions apply
- Understand the different rates and thresholds and how to apply these over multiple jurisdictions
- Understand how to calculate Payroll Tax, including using any applicable threshold deductions
- Learn the most common errors that occur when calculating Payroll Tax, and how to avoid these
Please see our terms and conditions here before booking.